Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Better Know a Member--Jessica Colwell!



Institution: Boston University

Position: Residence Hall Director

What brings joy to your professional life? The first six weeks of when RAs come on campus! It is always a great experience to see how empowered they feel as they build their community and realize how important they are to their residents.

If you could be a candy bar, which would you be and why? Kit Kat bar!

What did you want to grow up to be when you were 10 years old? I wanted to be a flute player in an orchestra.

Name somebody who has /have made a difference to you in your professional life? How so? One of my best friends, Carrie Miller, is someone I met in graduate school and has been a friend and confidante to me in my struggles and success during my first job. She has always been someone I can turn to for both advice and laughter.

If you had to work on only one project for the next year, what would it be? Anything first year experience, those first year students always keep you on your toes!

What is your favorite food? Anything Italian!

If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Build houses, I’ve always admired people who can build things from scratch!

How are you involved in ACPA or the SCGSNP? Undergraduate Outreach Coordinator and Next Generation Conference Planning Committee

What is your favorite color? Purple

What is a personal motto that you live by? 'Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.'

No comments:

Post a Comment