Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Better Know a Member--Jordan Edelman!

Institution: University of Toledo

Position: Hall Director

What brings joy to your professional life? Seeing students, especially the challenging ones grow over time.

If you could be a candy bar, which would you be and why? Twix because you get 2 candy bars for the price of one.

What did you want to grow up to be when you were 10 years old? Teacher

Name somebody who has /have made a difference to you in your professional life? How so? I’m all about getting a chance and the opportunity to do something. Due to that, there are two women who are mentors to me and have given me the opportunity to do something I didn’t think I could do. They are Amy Halter and Kirsten Kennedy. Amy made a difference for me when I was a student and first thinking about getting into the field of student affairs. Kirsten made a difference for me professionally when I was in graduate school and we taught a class together.

If you had to work on only one project for the next year, what would it be? Teambuilding; I’m a huge fan of teambuilding so if I could work on this and only this I would love my life.

What is your favorite food? French Fries. It’s an addiction.

If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Teleport because who wouldn’t want to be able to go anywhere instantly.

How are you involved in ACPA or the SCGSNP? Undergraduate Outreach Coordinator Elect

What is your favorite color? Orange

What is a personal motto that you live by? Challenge yourself to step out of your comfort zone and do something you didn’t think you could do.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah Jordan!!!! So excited you are being spotlighted and shared with the ACPA SCGSNP community!!! Always cheering for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Jordan. Glad to see you're doing a phenomenal job. Keep up the great job.

    ReplyDelete