Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Better Know a Member--Dale O'Neill

Institution: The University of New Orleans

Position: Coordinator of Leadership Programs

What brings joy to your professional life? Within my position as the Coordinator of Leadership Programs, I am able to work with an array of students in various steps of their identity development. I love being able to meet students during their first year of school and see how through Student Affairs programs, their holistic development is fostered.

If you could be a candy bar, which would you be and why? Either a Snickers because I am always smiling and laughing or a Butterfinger because I am sooo clumsy. :)

What did you want to grow up to be when you were 10 years old? Oh I totally wanted to be a children’s book writer… I even attempted to write one when I was 8!

Name somebody who has /have made a difference to you in your professional life? How so? My present supervisor, the Interim Dean of Student Affairs, has greatly influenced my professional life. She has shown me that through both challenging and supporting students, student affairs professionals can foster students’ physical, social, intellectual and emotional growth.

If you had to work on only one project for the next year, what would it be? In my present position, I also oversee service programs. I would love to spend the next year focusing on creating a Leadership Through Service Certificate Program. For me, leadership and service goes hand and hand.

What is your favorite food? Meatloaf and macaroni and cheese. :)

If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? I would love to learn sign language. It is definitely one of my five year goals.

How are you involved in ACPA or the SCGSNP? I am the co-chair for communications for SCGSNP as well as serve as the Newsletter Co-Chair for the Standing Committee on Disability.

What is your favorite color? Pink!

What is a personal motto that you live by? "Live simply so that others may simply live." Mohandas Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment