Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Better Know a Member--Ashley Nickelson

Institution: Rutgers University

Position: Graduate Residence Hall Director

What brings joy to your professional life? Seeing my students take on leadership roles within the university and within the community brings joy to my professional life. When my residents apply to become RAs or club presidents, I become instantly proud of their desire to achieve and enhance their experience.

If you could be a candy bar, which would you be and why? I would be a Hershey’s Bar with almonds, because I am very consistent and reliable, just like a milk chocolate Hershey Bar. However, I also have a spontaneous unique side, which makes me different, just like a Hershey’s Bar with almonds.

What did you want to grow up to be when you were 10 years old? When I was 10 years old, I wanted to be a teacher or an architect.

Name somebody who has /have made a difference to you in your professional life? How so? My father has made a significant difference in my professional life, because he has always taught me to make the most of my experience and to do the best that I possibly can at everything I put my mind to.

If you had to work on only one project for the next year, what would it be? It would probably be to work with assessing campus climate and working to develop learning outcomes and a curriculum to enhance the community and bridge the gap between student affairs and academics.

What is your favorite food? Mashed potatoes!

If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? I would learn how to become a professional chef; I would love to attend culinary school.

How are you involved in ACPA or the SCGSNP? I am the Special Projects Elect in the SCGSNP.

What is your favorite color? Purple!

What is a personal motto that you live by? “Throw yourself through every open door” - Adele

No comments:

Post a Comment